Ask, Seek, Knock. Matthew 7:7
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It is designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better, and close the gap between them and their peers.
In the 2018 to 2019 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each pupil registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years:
* £1,320 for pupils in reception to year 6
* £935 for pupils in year 7 to year 11
Schools will receive £2,300 for any pupil: * identified in the January 2018 school census or the alternative provision census as having left local authority care as a result of:
* a special guardianship order
* a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
* who has been in local authority care for 1 day or more
* recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local authority care) For pupils who attract the £2,300 rate, the virtual school head of the local authority that looks after the pupil will manage the funding.