Our vision for Religious Education is for pupils…
- To recognise the importance of Christian teachings and values in our church school.
- To become familiar with and understand the themes and stories of the Big story of the Bible.
- To give children opportunities and experiences where they can question and interrogate the nature of belief in the world’s major faiths and world views.
- For children to be able to express their own beliefs.
Parents have a legal right to withdraw their children from RE and appropriate provision will be made.
Each year group looks at 6 units of RE a year. Some units come from the Warwickshire Agreed Syllabus and the others from Understanding Christianity.
Please click on the topic to see the Knowledge Organiser. This will give you information about the knowledge and skills that the children will be learning. It will also give you information on the vocabulary taught and how this unit links with prior learning.
- Why do some believe God exists?
- Understanding Christianity - People of God. Can following God bring freedom and justice? Trip to Coventry Cathedral.
- What matters most to Christians and non-religious people?
- Understanding Christianity - Salvation. What did Jesus do to save human beings?
- What would Jesus do? Can we live by the values of Jesus in the twenty-first century?
- Understanding Christianity - Creation and Fall